What is Penny Bingo?
If you have stumbled across the term Penny Bingo, and you are not quite sure what it means, basically it is just what it says on the tin – bingo which you can play with pennies! In other words, one ticket in a game of penny bingo will set you back just 1p, making it an ideal option for anyone on a tight budget, who still wants to have some fun. With such low-cost tickets, you can easily purchase several tickets per game, thereby potentially boosting your chances of a winning line. Read more on the ins and outs of penny bingo below or join Umbingo and get playing!
Where can I play penny bingo?
Thankfully, there are many reputable and fully licensed online bingo sites out there (such as our site right here at https://nz.umbingo.com/all-games) which offer games of penny bingo for you to try. There are different versions of the game for you to play, including your standard 75, 80 and 90 ball penny bingo – which one you end up going for is entirely down to personal preference.
If you are not familiar with how these games work, you can check out our helpful guide to the rules involved in playing bingo, but for now, here is a quick break-down of the different types of bingo:
- 75 ball penny bingo: this game comes in the form of a 5x5 chart, with the space in the middle left blank, to potentially help you form a winning line. In general, the goal is to amass a straight line of numbers, though this can be diagonal, horizontal or vertical – and if you manage to get a full house, even better!
- 80 ball penny bingo: the ticket for this form of bingo comes in a 4x4 grid format, with the higher numbers on the right-hand side and the lower numbers on the left. Again, the goal is to get winning lines, in whichever direction; alternatively, you could also manage to fill the four corners of the grid, or scoop a full house if you are lucky.
- 90 ball penny bingo: in this kind of bingo, the ticket comes in the form of a 3x9 chart, which has four blank spaces and 5 numbers per line. Your aim is to get one or more lines, and hopefully finish off with a full house.
How do I start playing penny online bingo?
If you are a keen bingo player on a budget, and penny bingo sounds just up your street, then you will be pleased to discover that playing this game is very easy. All you need to do is find one of the various reputable and fully licensed online casino sites offering games of penny bingo, and register with that site in order to play.
This registration process is both quick and easy, with slight variations from casino to casino. Here at Umbingo, this is how you do it:
- Enter your name and contact details.
- Fill in your address.
- Choose a username and password.
- Make your first deposit, of just $10, which entitles to your welcome bonus.
- It’s time to start playing!
Now that you are all signed up, it’s time to head to the Bingo section of the casino website and check when the next penny bingo game will be starting, so you don’t miss out. Once you have found it, then all you need to do is wait for the game to begin, and purchase your bingo tickets for just 0.01 per ticket. Do be aware that some casino sites may have some restrictions in place on their penny bingo games – for example, a cap on how many tickets you can buy, or how many penny bingo games you can participate it at the same time.
Generally, though, penny bingo is a fun and light-hearted affair, while still giving you the chance to win some cash – what’s not to love?
The pros and cons of penny bingo
As with any casino game, there are both advantages and disadvantages to playing penny bingo. Let’s take a look at what they are, so you can avoid any surprises when you start playing.
- Price: Of course, the main plus of playing penny bingo is its astonishingly cheap price, with tickets costing just 1p. This makes the game perfect for anyone on a budget.
- Prizes: Despite the very low cost of tickets, penny bingo still gives you the chance to win prizes, some of them potentially quite lucrative, such as progressive jackpots.
- Community: While playing penny bingo, you can use the live chat function of the bingo room to engage with other players and enjoy the sense of friendly camaraderie and competition.
- Finding space: One of the main downsides of penny bingo is its popularity, which means that penny bingo rooms can easily become crowded out and you may find it hard to get tickets. As we all know, the more tickets you can buy, the greater your chances of winning.
- Casino limitations: As we have already mentioned, some casinos place limits on how many tickets you can purchase; some also place limits on when tickets will cost just 1p, often reserving these time slots for more antisocial hours, such as the middle of the night.
- Misleading offers: Another thing to watch out for is misleading advertising, as some casinos will offer penny bingo with tickets which cost 5p rather than 1p – so make sure you are clear on the correct ticket price before you start playing.
As you can see, penny bingo is a fun and highly affordable form of bingo, ideal for any players on a tight budget or who may be saving up for something special. We hope this blog has been informative and helpful; while you are here, do stick around and try out the various exciting bingo rooms and online slots we have to offer. If you register, you will be entitled to our awesome welcome bonus, which grants you a spin on our Mega Wheel that could see you scoop up to 500 free spins!
*Any references to bonuses and free spins are subject to the following terms: NEW PLAYERS ONLY, MIN DEPOSIT $10, $8 MAX WIN PER 10 SPINS, MAX BONUS EQUAL TO LIFETIME DEPOSITS (UP TO $250), 65X WAGERING REQUIREMENTS AND FULL T&CS APPLY.